Miggly Moos - Click for Homepage

Click to see the Miggly Moos
Click for Ride Reports
Click for Moo Merits
Click to see Current and Old Captains and Vice Captains
Click to see our Rogue's Gallery
Click to see our Action Videos
Click for Moo Newsletters

Click to see winners of our Awards
Click to see Celebrities wearing our Wonderful Shirts
Click to See People who look like us
Click to see our shirts in Foreign Pastures
Click to see the 'Blasts from the past'
Click for Moos in print

Click to see some Damaged Moos
Click to see our Forthcoming Events
Moos quick enough to win things!
Click for directions to Machen
Click to see links to our web friends
Click to Contact the Moos

Moo Mail

Hey guys,

I just finished Clic24 as a solo rider, and I have to say that I feel quite good about all the training and arguments that have filled my life lately at home.

I rode 220miles and came in second to a nice guy on 230 miles.  Had it not been for a schoolboy error I would have done 240 miles, but there you go.

After changing my shoes at lap 8 (to try and give my feet a rest) from sidi to specialized body geometry shoes, my right knee swelled up quite massively.  From that point on (after putting my other shoes back on) I could only push about 20% at a guess with my right leg and the other 80% came from my left.  It lost me just over the time it would have taken to complete 2 full extra laps (plus time for a couple of minor mechanicals). I had paced for 24 laps.

My Mrs wouldn’t let me stop!! She was probably getting her own back for all the strife I have caused in the past year. I’m glad, she did me proud, and was the breast support crew I could have wished for. I’m coming down for a pint on Wednesday, but I doubt very much that I will be on my bike for at least a week.

Cheers

Eight inch

Back to Nice Letters